Sales Policy Q&A
- Q: What is your Return Policy?
- A: OUR ONLINE RETURN POLICY:
At Diane & Co Online, we hope you love your purchase; however if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you may return or exchange your merchandise by requesting a Return Authorization (RA) within 3 days of receiving your order for an online store credit only (less shipping costs and a 15% restocking fee). The three day eligibility to request a return begins on the day that our shipping provider indicates the dress was delivered to you. We ship all items with tracking numbers for this purpose and will go by what the provider indicates as the delivery date to you.
A stated wear date is required for all purchases on Diane & Co. Online. Under no circumstances will a return or exchange be accepted past the customer's stated wear date. If you choose not to indicate your wear date, the return policy is no longer applicable to your order and it will be considered a final sale.
If you choose to exchange your item, all return fees apply and you will be asked to make payment for the balance due for the new exchange. All exchanges are final sale. All items purchased using online store credit are final sale. We ask that all returns be sent in perfect condition, un-used and unworn with all original tags attached and packaging intact. We have the right to refuse any item we feel does not meet these requirements. Please note that you can only return an item once.
Please note: Once you have placed an order with Diane & Co. Online, you may not cancel your order unless the item ordered is not able to be delivered prior to your wear date. Products ordered and then refused by a customer at their address will incur an automatic 50% re-stocking fee in addition to the deduction of any applicable shipping charges incurred by Diane & Co.
- ALL SALE ITEMS AND SALES USING PROMO CODES ARE CONSIDERED FINAL SALE! NO EXCEPTIONS
- Sherri Hill dresses and Special Orders (Photos of dresses pictured and not indicated as IN STOCK) are considered FINAL SALE
- ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ARE FINAL SALE
- ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL BE FOLLOWED UP WITH A SHIPPING INVOICE FOR PAYMENT VIA EMAIL. ALL SHIPPING INVOICES MUST BE PAID WITHIN 48 HOURS. IF NOT, A 50% RESTOCKING FEE WILL BE INCURRED. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING CHARGES INCLUDING TAXES AND DUTIES BOTH WAYS.
Please note that every manufacturer has provided to us a size chart online for your convenience in figuring out the best size for you. MOST customers require some alteration to make a dress fit perfectly. Please make sure to check the size chart for the dress you are interested in to make sure you are choosing the best size for your measurements. Remember: The best thing to do is go up a size if you are not sure. It is always easier to alter a size in than to let it out.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If you have decided to return your purchase, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receiving the item.
Once your email has been received, you will receive an RA number usually within 24-48 hours. YOU MUST SHIP YOUR RETURN WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR RA NUMBER AND MUST EMAIL US WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER FOR YOUR PACKAGE ONCE IT IS SHIPPED TO US. You are responsible for shipping the dress back to us with insurance, tracking and signature required, as we cannot be held responsible for lost packages. Please make sure you use the original packaging that was used when the item was shipped to you. Please have your RA number clearly printed on the outside of the box.
If you choose to exchange your item for a different size or color (if available), all return fees apply and you will be asked to make payment for the balance due, if applicable, for the new exchange. All exchanges are final sale. All items purchased using online store credit are final sale. Please note that online credits cannot be used in store, and in store credits cannot be used online.
* Please note that if your item was shipped to you under a free shipping promo and you return it, you will have a $ 15.99 deduction on your online credit for the shipping fee we incurred to ship the item to you. We have the right to refuse a return if the return instructions are not followed.
If we deem an item has been worn, the item will be returned to you and our return policy no longer applies to that order. No credit will be issued until the items have been inspected. Please note: We are not able to accept returns for undergarments, body shapers, jewelry and swimsuits.
If you choose to exchange your item for a different size or color (if available), all return fees apply and you will be asked to make payment for the balance due for the new exchange. All exchanges are final sale. All items purchased using online store credit are final sale. Please note that online credits cannot be used in store, and in store credits cannot be used online.
We have the right to refuse a return if the return instructions are not followed.
- Q: Can you check stock over the phone?
- A: Because our inventory moves so quickly, we are unable to tell you accurately if a certain dress is in stock. You will not know until you place the order or come into the store. If we do not have the dress in the store, we will contact our manufacturers directly as well as other resources to locate the dress for you. We will go to ever extent possible to get your dress for you.
- Q: Can I place an order over the phone?
- A: Yes, you can order over the phone, however, we do recommend placing the orders online. You will then receive notification via email or phone call of the status of your order.
- Q: What types of payment do you accept?
- A: We accept most major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX and PayPal. We cannot accept money orders or checks for online orders.
- Q: How long does it take to receive the product I order?
- A: Once your order has been placed it will be processed within 24-72 business hours. If the item you order is in stock, it will ship the next business day. If we need to order the gown from our warehouse or the manufacturer, we will notify you of the ship date. Standard shipping time is 7-10 business days. All shipping methods will then take place from the estimated ship date. Please make sure to indicate your wear date on your order. Otherwise, it can take up to 12 weeks to get a dress special ordered, especially during our busy season,. If you need any kind of special delivery options (expedited shipping, etc) please make sure to let us know in the comment section of your order. Additional shipping/insurance fees may apply. Please note, we cannot ship to PO Boxes as we require a signature on all deliveries.
- Q: What happens after I place an order?
- A: After you place an order, you will receive a processing email letting you know your order was received, as well as an estimated ship date for your order. Once your order is shipped, you will be sent a email with a tracking number for your package. If at anytime you need a status of your order, simply send us an email to email@example.com and you will receive an answer within 24-48 hours. Most of the time the dress you order is either in stock or can be retrieved from our warehouses within 10 days. If for some reason it will take longer, we will notify you immediately of the estimated ship date. If for some reason the item you order is not available before your wear date, we will notify you after your order has been processed and suggest other products very similar to what you were looking for or you can cancel your order. Your credit card is only charged if we can fulfill your order. Please note that dresses valued above $500 may be required to pay additional insurance shipping charges. If your order requires additional insurance, you will be contacted regarding this fee before we place your order.
- Q: What if my dress is not available?
- A: If your dress is not in stock and for some reason we cannot order it directly from our warehouse or the designer, we will notify you and give you other options to choose from or you can cancel your order. Your card is only charged if we can fulfill your order. Please note that if you pay with PayPal or a debit card, your issuing bank may place a hold the funds immediately when you place an order. If this is the case, and we cannot fulfill the order, the pending charge will be removed within 72 hours. You may have to contact the issuing bank of your card for more information on how pending charges are handled. Most customers will be advised of the status of their order on the same day their order is placed if it is placed on a standard business day. If your order is placed over the weekend, please allow 2-3 days for your order to be confirmed.
- Q: Why are there pictures on the website of dresses that are not available?
- A: Wear dates range tremendously for all our customers. A certain dress may not be available by your wear date but some customers place orders way in advance of their wear dates. If we can still get a dress special ordered, our online inventory will show the dress as available to order. We are constantly updating our website, and as soon as we find out a dress is truly no longer available, we will remove it from our site as soon as possible.
- Q: When is my credit card charged?
- A: Your card is not charged until we can fulfill your order. In some instances, if you paid with a debit card, your issuing bank may place a PENDING AUTHORIZATION on your account. If your order cannot be fulfilled, this pending charge will automatically drop most times within 72 hours. If you have a problem with a Pending charge on your account, please call us immediately at 888-524-6967 or and we will do whatever we can on our end to rectify this as soon as possible, although sometimes the issuing bank is the only one that can remove a pending charge. Please contact your issuing bank for more information.
- Q: How do I find the correct size?
- A: On every product detail page you will have the option to view the size chart for the designer of the dress you are ordering. Keep in mind that over 90% of special occasion dresses need alterations. The size charts are direct from the manufacturers and they cut their dresses according to those size measurements. If you are in between sizes, we recommend going up a size as it's easier to take a dress in than to let a dress out.
- Q: What is a need by and wear by date?
- A: The need by date is the latest you are willing to accept the dress. The more time you allow before your wear date, the better chance you have of getting your order fulfilled. A wear by date is the date in which you are wearing the dress.
- Q: What if I want a dress in a color that is not listed?
- A: The colors that we list on the product detail page are the only colors in which that style dress is produced in.
- Q: Do you have your own catalog?
- A: We do not have our own catalog, but if you are interested in seeing the dresses in person, simply print out the pictures from the website and once you are in the store, a sales associate would be happy to find certain styles for you
- Q: Can we get our dress altered at Diane & Co?
- A: If you purchased your dress at Diane & Co we do have an alterations service available. Alterations generally take up to 4 weeks to the day before your event.
- Q: Who pays for the alterations?
- A: Alterations are paid for by the customer. Your dress must be paid in full before alterations will occur. Any additional alterations must be paid by the customer as well.
- Q: Why do I need a parent to shop with me for a prom dress in store?
- A: Due to the delicate nature of our gowns, as well as the dedicated efforts of our sales team in finding the perfect dress for you, we require a parent or guardian to be with you in person while you shop. In addition, we have a strict no refund, no return, no exchange, no exception policy in the store.